Halgan Pty Ltd ABN 69 064 448 157 of 22 Ethel Ave Brookvale NSW 2100 (Ph: 1800 626 753) warrants that new products sold by it will be free from defects in materials and workmanship, on a pro-rata basis for the warranty periods stated below. Halgan will assess all written claims and repair or replace the product at its own discretion, on the basis set out in these warranty terms and conditions.
1. To submit a warranty claim, please contact Halgan on 1800 626 753 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Halgan will provide the purchaser with a Warranty Claim Form for completion. If requested, the purchaser must provide photographs to support any warranty claim.
2. The completed Warranty Claim Form, proof of purchase and any photographic evidence requested by Halgan must be returned to Halgan, at the purchaser’s cost and in the manner directed by Halgan.
3. Incorrect installation, handling and usage of Halgan products other than in accordance with the instructions provided by Halgan at the time of purchase will prevent a purchaser from making any claim under this warranty.
4. Halgan may require the removal of the contents of any tank to allow inspection and/or repair or replacement. The cost of the removal and storage of contents (if necessary) will be borne by the purchaser.
5. Halgan will be responsible for any transportation costs that apply to any replacement or repaired tank that is returned to the purchaser. The purchaser is responsible for all other costs arising out of a warranty claim, including transport costs to Halgan or its nominee, installation, handling and storage of tank contents and the disposal of any replaced tank (if applicable).
6. If requested by Halgan, products installed in remote and/or inaccessible locations may need to be returned to a Halgan agent’s premises or other location as required by Halgan at the purchaser’s expense to enable inspection and/or repair.
7. To the extent permitted by law, Halgan’s liability is limited to these warranty terms and conditions, in particular the pro-rata cost of repair and/or replacement of the product, at Halgan’s option.
8. ‘Pro-rata’ means that Halgan’s obligations reduce in line with the time remaining under the warranty. For example if a warranty claim is made 5 years into a 10 year pro-rata warranty, Halgan’s obligation under these terms and conditions is limited to a total of half the cost of repair or replacement of the product, and the purchaser must pay for any additional amounts necessary to repair/replace the product in respect of which the claim is made. Other than the costs payable by the purchaser set out in paragraphs 4, 5 and 6, any expense for a warranty claim made within the first 12 months of purchase will be borne by Halgan.
9. This warranty is in addition to any non-excludable legal rights or remedies conferred on the purchaser under any laws which apply to the goods sold by Halgan.
10. Halgan advises purchasers as follows:
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
Tradewaste Products 7 year pro rata warranty.
Stainless Steel products 3 year pro rata warranty.
Pumps and control panels 1 year pro rata warranty.
Below ground rainwater tanks 7 year pro rata warranty.
- Pro-rata express warranty is void if installation or plumbing is not installed as specified.
- It is recommended a commissioning report is completed by Halgan or Halgan’s authorise agent.
- For diagrams and more information refer to website www.halgan.com.au.